Grouping holds allows staff to group multiple holds together if just one of those holds is needed to satisfy a request - for example, if a patron wants a movie but does not matter if they receive a DVD copy or a Blu-Ray copy. Once the hold is filled, the other requests in the group are automatically deleted.
This page reviews:
Creating a Hold Group
1. Place the holds as normal for the patron. (See Placing Holds for how-to)
2. Open the Holds/Held tab in a patron’s record.
3. Select the holds to be grouped together.
4. Use the More drop-down menu and select Add to group.
The holds are now grouped together and a letter is assigned to identify which group the requests belong to. As soon as an eligible item is trapped for the patron, the other holds in the group disappear. A patron may have as many hold groups on their account as needed.
Removing a Hold or Group
1. Select a title from the grouping.
2. Use the More drop-down menu and select Remove from group
To remove multiple titles from a group, select the appropriate titles all at once and then select Remove from group. To remove a group entirely, select all the titles from that group and select Remove from group.
Adding Titles to an Existing Hold Group
1. Place the hold for the patron as normal. (See Placing Holds for how-to)
2. Open the patron’s Holds/Held tab.
3. Select the title not assigned to a group.
4. Select one title assigned to the desired group.
5. Use the More drop-down menu and select Add to group.
Updated January 2020