Multiple Holds in Leap
This page reviews the Multiple Holds feature in Leap and covers the following topics:
Placing Multiple Holds on Different Titles
1. Open the patron’s record.
2. Click into the Holds/Held tab.
3. Use the More drop-down menu and select Multiple Holds.
4. Select Add Titles.
5. The Find Tool will open. Perform the search.
NOTE: If the Find Tool is set to search for Bibliographic Records, the holds will be bib-level requests. If the Find Tool is set to search for Item Records, the holds will be item-level requests.
6. Select a title to add to the multiple holds list. You may use the checkboxes next to the titles to select as many titles from the results list as needed.
7. Click Open to add to the multiple holds list.
8. Repeat this process of adding, selecting, and opening titles until all desired titles are added.
9. Select Place Hold to place a hold on all listed titles.
A. To remove a title from the list, select the title and select the trash can icon.
B. If you wish you add a note to the holds, expand the Notes section and add the note before selecting Place Hold. The note(s) will be added to every hold.
Placing Multiple Holds on the Same Title
To place multiple holds on the same title for one patron account, you may use the same method discussed above. However, there may be other methods that may help streamline the process, one of which is the Cut-and-Paste method. The directions below detail the method using a bibliographic control number, but you may use whichever qualifier you prefer.
1. Open the main Find Tool and locate the bibliographic record.
2. Highlight the control number and hit CTRL + C to copy (or right-click on your mouse and select “Copy”).
3. Open the patron’s record. If the record is open in the background, use the Workform Tracker to toggle back to the patron.
4. Open the Holds/Held tab, use the More drop-down menu, and select Multiple Holds.
5. Select Find Title. Make sure the Find Tool is searching for Bibliographic Records.
a. Depending on your settings, you may need to change the Qualifier to Control Number.
b. If you will be placing multiple holds in this manner, you may opt to save your search setup by selecting the star at the end of the search bard. This will preserve your setup so you do not have to select the appropriate qualifier each time you open the Find Tool from a patron’s Holds/Held tab.
6. Paste the bibliographic control number into the search bar using CTRL + V (or right-click on your mouse and select “Paste”). Hit Enter on your keyboard once to locate the item in the Find Tool. Hit Enter again to add the title to the holds list.
7. Continue pasting and adding until the correct number of holds have been added.
8. Select Place Hold. Since all the holds are on the same record, a duplicate hold message will appear. Click through to continue until all the holds have been placed.
If you wish you add a note to the holds, expand the Notes section and add the note before selecting Place Hold. The note(s) will be added to every hold.
Updated August 2019