Leap displays 6 months of notice history in a patron's record. For history going back further than 6 months, staff with the proper permissions can run a Patron History Report in Simply Reports.
Locate Patron Notice History in Leap
To locate a patron's notice history in Leap:
1. Open the patron's record.
2. Select the Notices tab. Depending on your screen size, this tab may be nestled under the More drop down menu.
The Notices tab lists the items the patron has received notices for, with the most recent items at the top of the list. The Type column indicates the notice type most recently issued for that item.
Click on a row to see related notices for that item. Again, since the Notices tab lists the notices by item, all notices received for a particular item will be bundled together. In the example below, we see the patron received an Almost Overdue/Auto-Renew Reminder notice, a 1st Overdue Notice, and a 2nd Overdue notice for this item.
Click on the Item Record button to open the full item record, or Close to go back to the Notices list.
The Notices tab again bundles notice history by item. If you see separate entries but the same title, this indicates two separate items.
For example, here we have two entries for the title, CCS Test #1. One entry is notice history for a Book item and one entry is for a Book Club Bag item. Again, if unsure, staff can click into the item record to see the full details on an item.
Locate Patron Notice History in Simply Reports
Staff who have the permissions to access Patron History Reports in Simply Reports can generate reports that include notice history.
1. In Simply Reports, select the Patrons tab and then select Patron history reports. (If this report option does not appear in your Simply Reports interface, your permissions do not include access to patron history reports.)
2. Enter the patron barcode.
3. Indicate a report start date and a report end date. You can run up to 90 days of history at one time.
4. To limit the report to just notice history, select the Limit Transactions checkbox and highlight Notification Transactions.
5. Click Show History.
6. Once the report is generated, you will see a preview with the report contents. If desired, you can export the history as an Excel file or a Word doc.